Monday, January 19, 2009

This Old @#%$@ House!!












Thursday, Jan. 15, we discovered we had no hot water at our house. I called Matt & he put in a new water heater & still no hot water! I got home from work & we ate dinner & still no hot water when it was time to do dishes. I opened the access panel that goes under our house to have a look & it was clear full of water! We have the best friends ever... 1 phone call & I had guys there with pumps to pump out the water & ready to do whatever was needed. We called a plumber (Matt was a little overwhelmed to handle by himself) and he was there in 20 minutes. He had to literally go under water to get down to see what was going on. Unfortunately, there was not access under the house to the pipe that broke. It was under the cast iron tub in our main bathroom. He came back the next morning at 7am and he and Matt worked to dig through the bathroom floor. Then they had to dig from outside into the bathroom and also take the wall out from my bedroom closet into the bathroom. After lots of mud and digging, the pipe was replaced and things are drying out. Matt worked the next 2 days securing up under the tub from all the rotted wood. Of course Tom was brokedown on the truck during all of this! Thanks to all of our great friends for all your help & especially my 2 boys for all your hard work putting things back together!



5 comments:

Coopercomics said...

Oh my! That looks like a NIGHTMARE!! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through that. What a handy army of hard working men you have around you. Awesome! Love ya!

Amanda P. said...

ACK! That looks horrible. We have been having some plumbing issues as well but next to THAT it looks minor :) Thanks for the pick me up! haha

Malea and Parx said...

oh my goodness looks like you had a fun week! You're lucky that you have your boys to take care of ya!

Christyn and Paul said...

Boy what a nightmare. We're glad that you were able to get things fix in a timely manner. I guess you had your own problems with flooding, where up here in Washington, it was all over. I guess now your into remodeling all that had to be teared down. Love seeing the pictures. I haven't learn how to do that one yet.Tell everyone hi!

Heather said...

Sounds like LOTS of fun...Great friends are fantastic!